[DPRG] Re: Monthry Meeting

Subject: [DPRG] Re: Monthry Meeting
From: Jim Brown james_121 at yahoo.com
Date: Sun Oct 8 07:10:39 CDT 2000

I'd be interested in that too.  It seems like it
might be tough to web video broadcast to a bunch
of sites (multicast isn't all it's cracked up to be).
It'd be ideal to have a sort of web video conference call,
but golly that would not work.
Transmitting both ways might be hard.  Be neat
if it were like net meeting conference calling.
Except with hundreds or thousands of participants,
it might get congested.  I guess live broadcasts
on the web are few.  I guess mostly they just tape the
event and then put an mpeg file on the web.  DPRG's two
hour meetings would be huge mpeg files ya know
even at the smallest size and worst resolution.
I'm sure I'd download and watch them anyway, though.
I guess that's not really participating, but at least
we get our DPRG fix for the month.

=====
Jim Brown      james_121 at yahoo.com

jimgbrown at home.com http://members.home.net/jimgbrown