[DPRG] October Meeting SummaryMeeting Summary

Subject: [DPRG] October Meeting SummaryMeeting Summary
From: Robert L. Jordan rljordan at airmail.net
Date: Sun Oct 8 13:01:16 CDT 2000

Meeting Summary

1. Meeting started late due to traffic delay from OU/TX weekend.
Clay presided

2. Post-Contest Awards::

a. T-Time Winners: Eric - Yundt
3 Can-Can winners presented with awards
(Robot Store gave us gift coupons for prizes. Yea! Robot Store)
If you were not there, contact Eric Yundt for your awards

b. Club Robot Award: - Robert L. Jordan
A BoE-Bot kit from Parallax, Inc., via their App. Eng. Jon Williams, was
made a club loaner robot. Custodianship was awarded to Travis Trotman
for 2 months. Discussion suggested that the custodian period be until the
next contest is over. We may have Table-top contest before Roborama B
so the exact date will be determined by the date of the next contest the
robot can be entered in but not to exceed the Roborama B date.

3. Contest Discussion: - Clay
a. Review of contest rules for Can-Can
Some suggestions for tuning the rules discussed

b. Contest time discussed to be 2 hours max. More efficiencies to be
planned such as contest coordinator, staging events, multiple arenas, etc.

c. Contest Committees:
One-Half and full size contest arena discussed.
Committee appointed
Clay Timmons, Ed, and ?

d. Table-Top Contest arenas re-proposed
Committee appointed
Robert Jordan & Frank Elia

e. Contest committee reports due from both groups at next meeting.

4. Ordering New Club T-shirts was discussed.
You have until next meeting to submit an artwork ready logo, otherwise we decided to use the last one by Jim Brown, on the back and the DPRG & web address on the front. Jim's logo is of two hands touching in the Sistine chapel format for one hand and a robot hand for the other.

We voted to get short sleeve shirts in a silkscreen style as above and in a monogrammed style with just the DPRG approved font & with the URL on the front chest.

Sam's Store offers monogramming and sells different shirts. We will look into the cost and to see if they will sew on our logo. That would make distribution, sizes issues, and quantities wanted easier. I guess if we do this and you want one from out of town, just bribe a local member to buy and mail you one.

We will work out the actual details by the November meeting. (First Saturday)

5. A call was made to submit nominations for or 2001 officers. Nominations will be elected into office in December for service starting January 1, 2001. Put your nominations on the list and have their names for us at the November meeting.

You can nominate yourself. We will need to verify with all nominees that they are willing to serve before they are voted on, so it might be a good idea to ask them before you nominate them.

The present officers have all served 2 terms. The by-laws state no more than 2 consecutive terms.

6. Show-&-Tell:
a. Mr. ?-
Rug Warrior Pro demo-ed

b. Robert Jordan-
Skatebot with 5 IR pairs
3 jointed finger (digit, mandible)
"Little BoE Blue" HBridge BoE-Bot

c. Did I miss somebody?

d. Travis Trotman had a 3-wheeled R/C controlled, TBA pot., wheel,
and encoder robot. This guy is embarrassing me! He has a new robot
or two at every meeting. You can actually learn by just hearing his
explanations of what he is getting his robot to do.

If you were not at the meeting, you missed another good one!

RLJ Sec.