[DPRG] Re: servo motors

Subject: [DPRG] Re: servo motors
From: Jim Brown james_121 at yahoo.com
Date: Sun Oct 8 14:35:47 CDT 2000

Usually, for servos, you tell it where you want
it to point, and it tries to move there as fast
as it can.  Some servos even move faster or slower
depending on how far away that position is.  Basically,
just as fast as it can.  If you want the servo to
go slower to a position, what you can do is to do
it digitally.  Like move little steps at a time.
That would require software to give it such smarts,
but usually, other than that, there is no way to
slow the servos down.  I suppose you could hack
a servo and add another gear or something, but
at least through software you could have more control
on the speed.

=====
Jim Brown      james_121 at yahoo.com

jimgbrown at home.com http://members.home.net/jimgbrown