[DPRG] Free stuff!

Subject: [DPRG] Free stuff!
From: Mike McCarty jmccarty at ssd.usa.alcatel.com
Date: Mon Oct 9 09:15:11 CDT 2000

On Sun, 8 Oct 2000, Michael Giambalvo wrote:

> http://www.zcorp.com/ will let you use their 3d printer to fabricate
any small item for free. All you need is a CAD drawing of your object
in STL format.

> Also, has anyone gotten the free CueCat barcode readers that
Radioshack is giving away? I have a couple that I've taken apart, and
it seems that the LED and detector inside might make for a nifty IR
proximity detector on a mobile robot project.  Does anyone have any
ideas or want to help with this project?

I have several. But the LED are not IR, they are visible red.

> I just joined the club this weekend, so I'm literally bursting with
robotic enthusiasm.  When's the next power lunch?