[DPRG] Re: Re: Monthry Meetings

Subject: [DPRG] Re: Re: Monthry Meetings
From: David P. Anderson dpa at io.isem.smu.edu
Date: Tue Oct 10 00:14:52 CDT 2000

Howdy DPRG,

Concerning the cyber-internet-ish participation of expatriots at DPRG
monthry meetings:

Jim Brown writes:
>> Jim Brown,
>> I'd be interested in that too.
>
> I did say that snippet...
> However, let me express further that I doubt that
> web casting our DPRG meetings will happen for some
> various reasons:

<various reasons snipped>

Oh Ye of little faith!

Seems like we are more at the kick-it-around-and-see-what-develops
stage than the whos-volunteering-to-bell-this-cat stage right now.

We can burn that bridge when we come to it. :)

A reasonable step in the right direction might be the previously
mentioned chat session, with one live participant at the meeting.

Maybe a lowly laptop+modem and BPI only has to let us use a phone
line for a couple of hours.  Start simple.

Useful at this stage would be helpful suggestions about how some
type of interactive participation can be achieved.  This seems
both desirable and possible, and not out of the reach of a club
with our resources and talented membership.

Don't give up!

regards,
dpa