[DPRG] live cam test (was: Re: Internet Participation)

Subject: [DPRG] live cam test (was: Re: Internet Participation)
From: Patrick Innes kc5ugq at yahoo.com
Date: Wed Oct 11 20:57:29 CDT 2000

> Got any gold fish so we can see movement? How about
> co-workers that will move the trash cans around in
> the hall. Or clock on the wall. I know
> picky-picky-picky.
> Robert L. Jordan

I saw some (quite interesting) movement...
When I "tuned in" around 6:00 to 7:00 Eastern time,
Wednesday evening, I was treated to a show of a robot
(which I assume was SR04) "training" for the Can-Can
event in the hallway, with an onlooker peering out of
the doorway to the right of the frame.

My viewing pleasure was limited somewhat by the fact
that the helpdesk phone kept ringing, but I did manage
to catch a few minutes of the perky little bot having
a great time moving cans hither and yon.

It was fun, and a great time was had by all.
Speaking as one of the "out of town crowd", I like
this idea, whatever form it may evolve into.  Heck,
I'm always on the lookout for interesting ideas, and
even a bundle of stills (closeups of the bots,
interesting mechanisms, etc.) from the meetings would
be a plus.

-- Patrick
   KC5UGQ