[DPRG] A good weekend - PWM is now working

Subject: [DPRG] A good weekend - PWM is now working
From: Jeffrey T. Birt ditto at ipa.net
Date: Sun Oct 15 20:20:08 CDT 2000

It's been a good 'bot weekend.  I got PWM working on my BotBoard II.  This
involved several new things in one project.

First attempt at using an interrupt
   "         "         "  starting in any mode besides bootstrap
   "         "         "  mapping different aspects of the program to
different memory areas.
   "         "         "  testing the battery backup for the 32K static ram.

The good news is that I got a nice 50% duty cycle PWM output!  The bad news
is that the memory backup battery died in the three weeks it has been in the
circuit.  Double checked the wiring tonight, all seems kosher, maybe a
flakey battery (3V Lithium)?  Most of the trouble I had was fighting with
AS11 over syntax.  There has to be a better (more modern) assembler
available.  Any ideas?

Jeff Birt
Halfway, Missouri