[DPRG] (no subject)

Subject: [DPRG] (no subject)
From: Kipton Moravec kip at kdream.com
Date: Sun Oct 15 21:26:10 CDT 2000

I just ran into an interesting situation.  I have been using 32K x 8 70 ns
SRAMS for a lot of projects.  It looks like production is winding down and
they may not be available in the future, especially in the 28 pin DIP
package.

The 28 pin DIP is great for prototyping and testing.  As well as for
hobbyists, like robotics people.

Mouser used to sell NEC 32K x 8 SRAMs for $1.65 each. Digikey does not sell
anything smaller than 128K x 8 anymore.

NEC does not make a 32K x 8 anymore.  ISSI stopped the DIP package, but
still makes a surface mount version.
Mitsubishi still is making a 32Kx8 M5M5256DP AND Tosheba is still making the
TC55257DPL.  I think Fujitsu is still making one, but I don't have the
number at the moment. I am in the process of buying 75 of them, and one bid
was $4.50 each and the other was $3.35 each.  Quite a lot more than the
$1.65 Mouser has in their catalog.

Does anyone know any other manufacturers that are still in production with a
32K x 8 70 ns SRAM in a DIP package? (And their part numbers?)

Kipton Moravec  kip at kdream.com
DREAM
Custom Electronics Design and Manufacture
http://www.kdream.com