[DPRG] re: 32k memory and cache memory

Subject: [DPRG] re: 32k memory and cache memory
From: Dean Hall dwhall256 at yahoo.com
Date: Mon Oct 16 17:08:59 CDT 2000

Robert,

QFP is Quad Flat Pack (sometimes TQFP for Thin QFP).
This is a little square package with surface mount
leads out each side of the square.

SOIC is Small Outline Integrated Circuit and is
somewhat similar to SSOP (Something Something Outline
Package <smiley>) which I forgot to mention.  SOIC and
SSOP, like DIP, have their leads on 2 sides of the
rectangle.  At the largest, the pin spacing (pitch) of
a SOIC is half that of a DIP.  SOIC and SSOP can also
get VERY SMALL (fine pitch).  Smaller than most people
can solder by hand.  Thats where industrial robot arms
come in and place the chip precisely on the circuit
board; then the board is heated in an oven: "wave
soldering."

!!Dean