[DPRG] discharging nicads and Robot Builders Bonanza redux

Subject: [DPRG] discharging nicads and Robot Builders Bonanza redux
From: Ralph Tenny rten at metronet.com
Date: Tue Oct 31 10:21:41 CST 2000

The absolute ideal discharge circuit would individually discharge and
monitor all the cells in a stack, which isn't possible in mnay cases.

I would not recommend discharging cells below 1.0 volts per cell, unless
you have manufacturer's literature approving a lower cell voltage on
discharge. Set the discharge rate to not exceed the recommended charge
rate. Note: this is a conservative view!
Ralph