[DPRG] discharging nicads and Robot Builders Bonanza redux

Subject: [DPRG] discharging nicads and Robot Builders Bonanza redux
From: Peter Brunone peter at brunone.com
Date: Tue Oct 31 22:45:18 CST 2000

Random mumblings to follow.

    How about some resistors and an inductor around a magnetic reed switch?
Of course, fine-tuning might leave a lot to be desired, but if you had a
variable resistor, some trial and error (and a rigorous application of Ohm's
Law) would let you adjust the target potential.
    Bear in mind I have no intention of trying this any time soon (breaking
my lurker status is enough for one day), so I'm probably not the one to ask
in this group if you have additional "how-to" questions ;-)

Cheers,

Peter