[DPRG] Survey of robot kits?

Subject: [DPRG] Survey of robot kits?
From: Robert L. Jordan rljordan at airmail.net
Date: Fri Sep 1 21:02:01 CDT 2000

Kip,

Thanks for the idea. I emailed Nazerno a URL for Parallax and some advice.

I like your idea of categorizing robot kits by price. It would be a good way to keep track of what is available and a good piece of info to share with others.

I'll put together an article from the DPRG and publish it in the SRS Encoder if the club wants to help me compile a list of robot info. We could put it on the DPRG site to I guess with a SRS link. Bound to be seen by many and be useful.

What about this for the info to gather:
Kit name
Retail price
URL for viewing info about the kit
Vendors selling
Personal experience. No names just DPRG member said, or No experience with kit.
Pros and cons.
	EX: easy to assemble. Good instructions. Lots of good add on stuff. Good code available, etc.

Whadda U Think?

Regards
Robert L. Jordan