[DPRG] Pittman Motors at Tanners

Subject: [DPRG] Pittman Motors at Tanners
From: David Peterson robologist at yahoo.com
Date: Sun Aug 5 06:03:27 CDT 2001

> Peak Torque (Stall)
>
>     5.1 oz-in  *  60.5:1  *  66%  =  203.6 oz-in
>
> (Logic/arithmetic flaws?)

One thing I'm curious about, they talk about the gearbox taking a maximum of
100 oz-in. so it might be possible to strip them in stall? I'd written
Pittman about this on some other gearmotors I'd gotten, and they had said it
was possible. But there is sometimes a wee bit of fudge factor in, and these
might still go to that 200+ stall torque even if only rated for 100. I'm
just curious if they actually can damage themselves or if Daves tests have
shown they work just fine. Also would be interesting to know the shear load
the axle might take, considering directly mounting the wheel (really heavy
robot!). Pittman doesn't appear to have that detail in their tech docs, but
I may have missed it.

David P
http://www.geocities.com/robodave2000/