[DPRG] PIC Help

Subject: [DPRG] PIC Help
From: Kipton Moravec kip at kdream.com
Date: Mon Aug 6 17:12:34 CDT 2001

Who are all the PIC experts?

I am bidding a redesign of a little controller that uses a PIC16C73A.

What do I really need to write software for this thing?

Are the tools expensive?  Are they free? Do I need an in-circuit emulator?

I would prefer to write in C, but I am not scared of assembler.  Are there C
compilers?  How much?

Can you download code from a programmed PIC and disassemble it?

This thing communicates over a RS-485 bus, but no one has the format of the
data or responses that are sent over the bus.  And of course they want the
new one to be backwards compatible.

The PIC they are using is the PIC16C73A.

Kip