[DPRG] Group Robot Platform

Subject: [DPRG] Group Robot Platform
From: Barry Jordan barry at robostuff.com
Date: Mon Aug 13 21:25:06 CDT 2001

Hi All, Barry is always lurking.

Eric and I discussed the Pittman motors at lunch today.
We will probably be putting one of those motors to the test this Thurs.
night at RBNO.
The only obstacle that I see, is the 50 thou tapered protrusion out the back
of the motor for the encoder.
The Allenhead setscrews that I have seen on encoders are 2-56's  that uses a
35 thou allen wrench to set it.
That doesn't leave much material to bite into.

My new email address is barry at robostuff.com
Old one was .....msn..... well enough said.

dpa said,
>Jimmy Tanner said he would make us a deal on a group purchase.
>to continue the club design aspect but these are cool enough
>motors that I don't think we can go wrong buying a bunch of them.

I agree. We can most likely make them work for us. More info on Friday after
RBNO.

Barry