[DPRG] Re: Pittman motors at Tanner's

Subject: [DPRG] Re: Pittman motors at Tanner's
From: David P. Anderson dpa at io.isem.smu.edu
Date: Tue Aug 14 23:37:39 CDT 2001

Hi DPRG

Bob Jordan wrote:

> DPA, Jeff, and other anxious roboteers,
>
> IMHO, The "Club Robot" idea is cool but I think we should
> get a platform working, with intermittent gearing,
> mounting, &  wheels defined. All this before
> we look at doing a group buy of motors or sensors.
>
> A few changes now is easy. Could be a mess later.
>
> Regards,
> Bob Jordan

I'd like to hear what Barry and Eric have to report after
playing with the motors this week.  My general belief is
that the platform, gearing, mounting, and wheel definitions
must all arise from the choice of motors.  So that choice must
be done first, rather than later.  These motors represent a
target of opportunity.

But perhaps a group purchase is too ambitious at this time.

I have already bought 14 of them; 6 for me and 8 for other
people, including Jeff Birt.  Eric, David Petersen, Kip, and
Sluggy each have also acquired 2 or 4.  Perhaps folks interested
in these particular bargain Pittman motors might wish to coloborate
on a common platform design?  And if others are interested they
can purchase the motors independently as well.

just thinking out loud,

regards,
dpa