[DPRG] Do you want a job? I am taking bids...

Subject: [DPRG] Do you want a job? I am taking bids...
From: Kipton Moravec kip at kdream.com
Date: Tue Aug 21 11:41:12 CDT 2001

I am wondering if anyone is interested in a little project.  It is analyzing
the communications protocol between two devices.  These two devices talk
over a RS-485, and I am guessing that there less than 25 different commands.

I have a DOS single board computer with two RS-485 ports and PowerBasic
which makes serial I/O pretty easy, to help write a quick and dirty program
to analyze the communications.

I am pretty sure it could be done in a weekend, you just have to sit down
and step through it.   However currently I am pretty busy and want to farm
this out.  I have just bid on the project and expect to know by Friday,
whether I have it or not.

One side of the communications, the slave, uses a PIC 16C73A processor.  And
I think, I have the disassembled source, so that may help if you know PIC
assembler.

I have a stand alone controller, and a DOS and a Windows Version of an
applications program that controls the slaves.  I also have user
documentation.

I need to know the communications protocol because I need to redesign the
board, and need to use a 8051 processor rather than the PIC.

I would prefer someone in the DFW area, so I can hand them the stuff, and
help them if they get stuck.

If you are interested let me know and let me know how much you would charge
to do it.  When I get approval to go ahead, we will need the results in
about a week.  I am taking bids. :)

Kip

Kipton Moravec  kip at kdream.com
DREAM
Custom Electronics Design and Manufacture
http://www.kdream.com