[DPRG] 80186 specs.

Subject: [DPRG] 80186 specs.
From: Sluggy slugmusk at linuxlegend.com
Date: Fri Aug 24 11:00:52 CDT 2001

Charlie W Youngblood wrote:

> Sluggy,
>         The 80186 was used mainly for comercial equipment, including the
> Tandy 2000. I have seen them on other baby boards as well. Maybe you can
> get info (specs) from Tandy. If you just get tired of them I might be
> interested in them.

The 80186 is an Intel part and Intel is a good place to start for
information, particularly since Tandy long ago ceased manufacturing any
computers. For many people, there was much rejoicing :)

Anyway, here's a URL to Intel's 80186 information:
http://developer.intel.com/design/intarch/intel186/

What I'm hoping is that someone has looked at this chip in the past or
has used it and can give some practical considerations. The '186 should
be much more integrated than it's big brothers, but if they require a
gob of external support chips, it's not worth the trouble to me to try
to use them, free or not.

In any case, I have many to spare, so if anyone wants a couple, just
ask.

I think I may have a couple dozen TI DSPs as well, but I haven't torn
into those boxes yet.

Sluggy!