[DPRG] Roborama 01.b - September 15, 2001

Subject: [DPRG] Roborama 01.b - September 15, 2001
From: Dan Miner miner at centtech.com
Date: Fri Aug 24 22:17:27 CDT 2001

OK, it's close enough to Roborama 01.b that I figure it's time
to start some chit-chat about the events and who is bringing
what robots to compete.

Besides - my wife just did her old "motivational" trick on me
again.  She says "Dear" (she never calls me "Dear" unless I'm
in trouble)... "Dear, you know that full sized robot maze that's
been totally consuming my dining room for over 2 years now?"

Of course, I know what's coming next, but I try to play dumb
anyway, hoping I can trick her...  "Yes?" I say trying to sound
like I have no idea what she's thinking...

"Well" she says "since you haven't even placed a non-working
robot in it for over a year, it's time to get the $%^&# thing
out of MY dining room!"

Judging by her tone of voice I can tell that there's no point
in explaining that I actually HAVE set a robot in it for a
few minutes every month or two after she's asleep.  Reality
is, my 'bots aren't in good shape.  It's time to "use it or
loose it" for the maze so I'm actually working on robots tonight
for the first time in over a year.  Hopefully, I can get something
running for Roborama 01.b.

How about everyone else?  (Except dpa - we're sick of hearing
about his boring old "SR04 is ready to go" just like it has been
for YEARS.  :-)

Is there going to be any events for walking robots?

I've got to decide WHICH pile of "almost" working robot parts
to attack first...  ;-)

		- Dan "a robot builder again" Miner