[DPRG] Rule Revision for Sticks?

Subject: [DPRG] Rule Revision for Sticks?
From: Rodent daweasel at swbell.net
Date: Sun Aug 26 19:14:27 CDT 2001

If we are not specific in not allowing wheels, someone could distort the
intent of the rules and compete with something thats not really a walker.
For instance, you could make a shuffle-bot that used wheels with a one-way
clutch and call it a walker because it has legs, although they are never
lifted off the floor.They are not driven as such, and they could be called
free-spinnning, so they would  be valid according to the rules. Besides, the
encoder to measure distance could be tied to the motors / servos that move
the legs and not have to be touching the ground.