[DPRG] What's you favorite motor driver chip?

Subject: [DPRG] What's you favorite motor driver chip?
From: David Peterson robologist at yahoo.com
Date: Mon Aug 27 00:17:22 CDT 2001

Kip this sounds too cool. I've been trying to figure out a
homebrew answer to the Motor Mind B, especially something
that might read quadrature and output a PID value. Those 500
cpr encoders are pretty count heavy and trying to figure
something to keep track of the multitude of blips was giving
me brainlock. Besides the assemblies, I've some HEDS
encoders also 500 cpr on the back of motors that run about
1000 rpm out the gearbox, so the encoder is twirling at near
6000 rpm. So that's about 50k counts per second to keep
track of at free spin. Fortunately I haven't found an
encoder yet to come up to the 5 M counts per second your
board can keep track of. And the serial hook up sounds
great, but now I've got to figure out the BS2s serin and
serout functions (kinda avoided that til now). Any chances
of seeing how you're programming it?
David P