[DPRG] GM87XX Motor Mount (fwd)

Subject: [DPRG] GM87XX Motor Mount (fwd)
From: David Peterson robologist at yahoo.com
Date: Tue Aug 28 03:13:26 CDT 2001

Ouch, hopefully Kips motor survived. I was thinking of a
horizontal bend across the bottom (of the picture) that
might serve as a support directly beneath the gearbox...
Might be a bit strange, trying to get it to clear the
gearbox and yet still support it. Think it would make a good
way to just bolt on a simple sheet of material for a base?
What the heck are Robogirders? or bones? Sounds pretty
interesting! Oh, just thought, might have to bend 2 one way,
and the other 2 the opposite, to keep shafts even if using
the side holes and these were to slide on the same mounting
row on a slotted base.  I'd really love 4 mounts, even
though that's a lot, bent in an L or even unbent for
possible girder use. Might be able to bend them here on a
little table vise (3" wide jaws). And colors! Uhh, I dunno,
green? Would bending them afterwards effect the color or
crack it? Still trying to determine exactly what to do with
these, not completely settled on a sumo, and a bit concerned
about the Daves Traxxas friend stating we shouldn't mount
wheels directly to the shaft.... But maybe he thought these
would be off-road robots! I haven't been able to find any
info about radial loads or axial or whatever, but they seem
sort of strong. And I might actually have 4 bearings to
replace the bushings, they look like a fit, but I'm no
machinist.
David P