[DPRG] Who wants to give a lecture?

Subject: [DPRG] Who wants to give a lecture?
From: Michael Giambalvo michael at thetower.dhs.org
Date: Thu Aug 30 21:19:22 CDT 2001

   Greetings,

   I represent the ACM (Association of Computing Machinery) chapter at UTD. The ACM is a national organization designed to help teach and promote computer science. The chapter at our school regularly produces a lecture series for the benefit of our members.
   Is there anyone (or a group of people) in the dprg who would be willing to come and give a lecture at our school in the next few months?  Since this is an organization for CS students, I'd like to focus on the programming aspects of building a robot, yet still touch briefly on mechanical and electric considerations.  It would also be fantastic if someone would be willing to demonstrate a robot at the meeting.
   I also have a hidden agenda with this lecture.  I'm trying to start a robotics club at UTD that would compete at events like the Trinity Firefighting competition.  I want to use this lecture to try to develop interest and get a few of the CS people involved.  Also, a robotics club at UTD would greatly benefit from contact from the DPRG.  Please let me know if you would be interested in volunteering your time and expertise to us.  I promise many free dinners to anyone willing to take up the challenge.
   The lectures typically run at 7pm on Wednesdays (although we can be flexible) and the guest lecturer (or lecturers) is treated to dinner at the club's expense.

Thank you for your consideration.