[DPRG] Blast from the past - OT and Lightning?

Subject: [DPRG] Blast from the past - OT and Lightning?
From: McQuay, Michael Michael.McQuay at wcg.com
Date: Tue Jul 10 09:56:40 CDT 2001

We just got nailed by lightning two weeks ago.  Went to the powerline where
it enters the house.  Blew a 4" hole in the eaves, blew off a bunch of
siding and some trim boards, blew the pole transformer (had to be replaced),
blew my ISDN line, blew my modem (backup for when ISDN's down), blew the
front off a breaker (pieces we laying in the bottom of the breaker box),
arced from the coils on the back of the refrigerator to the copper water
line carrying water to the ice maker, putting a hole in it and soaking the
living room carpet.

Fun stuff.