DPRG List  

[DPRG] current conversion

Subject: [DPRG] current conversion
From: R. Bickle rbickle at swbell.net
Date: Tue Jul 24 11:47:51 CDT 2001

You can also get low dropout regulators such as Linear Techs LT1086CT-5 for


-----Original Message-----
>From: dprglist-admin at dprg.org [mailto:dprglist-admin at dprg.org]On Behalf
Of montgomery f. tidwell
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2001 10:41 AM
To: DPRGlist
Subject: Re: [DPRG] current conversion


almost, the source would be from about 5V to 18V (or so).

7.5V might be a bit too high (for a minimum input).


Mike McCarty wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, montgomery f. tidwell wrote:
>>is there a single component that will take in ~ 5V-18V but
>>only put out 5V? if so, what is it.
> Let me restate your question as I understand it.
> You have a voltage source which is unregulated, and may vary from about
> 15V to 18V DC. You need a regulated 5V voltage source. You want to know
> whether there is a component which does this.
> The answer is yes, it is called a voltage regulator. If you need only a
> moderate amount of current, up to about an Ampere or so, then the LM7805
> does what you want. It requires 7.5V at least at the input, and can take
> up to about 40V.
> Mike

DPRGlist mailing list
DPRGlist at dprg.org

More information about the DPRG mailing list