[DPRG] Robert Jordan's Skatebot encoder article

Subject: [DPRG] Robert Jordan's Skatebot encoder article
From: Robert L. Jordan rljordan at airmail.net
Date: Tue Jul 24 21:29:11 CDT 2001

Fred,

Thank for the feedback!  We help kids build about 105 of these.
They put oversized wheels on them, lots of weight, etc. Lots of fun
was had by all.

I have heard that the girl figured (same base) "Extreme Skateboarder"
toy for 60% off at Amazon toys. That's $10 each. Worth that just
for the gears and motors, even if you don't use the HBridge and
Remote control like we did.

I still have some of the IRMate PCBs if you want one. It handles
all connections, DC switch for OEM BS2 and 4 IR setups, even
allows reading the 2/4 remote control signals. Also, two LEDs
to show OEM BS2 power and Skatebot power. Then
one LED for general IO. All in 3" by 3" PCB. Mates with OEM BS2
1X20 pin header.

There are several boards left for $10 each and perhaps a few
full parts kits for $20. Schematic included.

Best of luck on building your robot. I've see several robots on
the skatebot base, around the DPRG club, too.

Make sure you connect the two power supply grounds. Goofy
connection when you remove the top.

Email me if you need any help.

Regards,
Bob Jordan