[DPRG] Capacitor calculation

Subject: [DPRG] Capacitor calculation
From: robotics robotics at mantrafreenet.com
Date: Thu Jul 26 10:18:51 CDT 2001

Can any one tell me how to select a capacitor value wih respect to the
current required by the motor?

Let us assume that the 12V robot motor needs 10A current for proper movement
and I use full wave rectifier for 12V AC source and capacitor filter to
power it. What should be the optimum capacitor value?

I used a 10000 uFcap but it did not work, so it must be very high value that
I needed. What is it?

I decided to charge a battery and power the motor and it works well. Why it
did not work for the cap but worked with the battery? Battery has 7Ahr
rating.

SHYAM SHUNDAR TIWARI
SENSORS TECHNOLOGY (P) LTD.
AM-51, DEEN DAYAL NAGAR