Fw: [DPRG] emitter/collector/base

Subject: Fw: [DPRG] emitter/collector/base
From: Randy Carter rwcarter at foxinternet.net
Date: Fri Jul 27 10:04:39 CDT 2001

The TRANSISTOR you listed is just a basic component like a
resistor or capacitor.  It will not work as a regulator,
amplifier, or switch without external components.  To do the job
of a +5 volt voltage regulator you will need, a zener diode
(around 2.5 volt), another transistor, a variable (trimmer)
resistor, and at least 2 other resistors.