[DPRG] Rule Change

Subject: [DPRG] Rule Change
From: Rodent daweasel at swbell.net
Date: Sat Jun 2 17:13:49 CDT 2001

Per Ralph Tenny's suggestion, I have made an adjustment to the tabletop line
following rules to prevent confusion. Ralph pointed out the first paragraph
of the "Details" section implied the robot had to "find" the line in area A
before moving into the main part of the arena.

This was not my intent when I wrote that item -- what I was trying to do was
make sure it was clear the robot must be actively following the line when
leaves area A. This was to prevent someone from merely pointing the robot at
a section of the course in the main part of the arena, knowing it would skip
over a portion of the course and start following the line as soon as it
found it.

 I have revised the rules to indicate the robot must be actively following
the line as it leaves area A. You can still start the robot in any place in
area A, facing any direction, but it must be following the line when it
enters the main part of the arena.