[DPRG] Meeting Notes

Subject: [DPRG] Meeting Notes
From: Robert L. Jordan rljordan at airmail.net
Date: Thu Jun 7 21:07:56 CDT 2001

DPRG members,

June meeting notes.

John Caldwell & Robert Jordan

-----Original Message-----
>From:	John R Caldwell [SMTP:jcaldwel at jcpenney.com]
Sent:	Thursday, June 07, 2001 8:08 AM
To:	Robert L. Jordan
Subject:	Re: Meeting Notes

June Meeting

43 members and guests, 18.5 robots.    5 guests joined!!

The new members are:

Show and Tell

Dennis Draheim

1. Digital, Hall effect compass  3" x 4" $12 @ Wirz Electronics

2.   RF radio transmitter and receiver   433.92 MHZ  FCC legal  $15 for the set @ Reynolds Electronics  Indoor range over 100'  uses a serial port

3. Electric piston using memory wire    needs between 2 and 5 amps    The 3" long piston can mover about 3/4"  each cycle takes several seconds

Erick Khane
1. 6 mm PVC sheet makes a strong, light chassis     We will try to find the cheapest source and make a group buy

Jon Williams of Parallax

1. ISD sound chip uses human diphongs;    comes in male and female voices  $59 from Parallax

Bill Boyer (Rodent)

1. Very nice 3 wheeler for quick trip   uses motor and gears from Tanners, Basic Stamp and 9 volt battery.    The chassis is angle aluminum    He said  "I'm tired of Legos winning Quick Trip".

John Caldwell

1 We will publish the Draft rules for the Walkers within 2 weeks

Results of races TBA.