[DPRG] RE: Eric..........

Subject: [DPRG] RE: Eric..........
From: Robert L. Jordan rljordan at airmail.net
Date: Tue Jun 12 07:58:12 CDT 2001

Bradley,

Thanks for the offer. I don't know of many making use of diodes
at the present time and don't have access to the Varo docs.

A little history:
My Father was the second President of Varo back in 1963-.
It is because of my pulling a hot soldering iron off a bench, that
Varo had a policy of no minors touring the building. Sorry to
all the Scouts that effected.

Varo gave TI a tour in the early days to show off their
assembly line techniques. TI liked them so much they copied
Varo's approach. (I assume Varo copied Henry Ford).

Varo invented and produced a lot of neat "toys" for the military.
My favorite is night vision equipment. I still have my 22 caliber
rifle that they tested the night vision on at the Garland shooting
range.

Thanks again for you generosity and interest.

Regards,
Robert L. Jordan
DPRG Prez. 2001