[DPRG] RE: Eric..........

Subject: [DPRG] RE: Eric..........
From: Jeff Koenig jkoenig at airmail.net
Date: Tue Jun 12 18:21:06 CDT 2001

Robert and Bradley,

I bet those diodes are high-voltage ones.  People building Tesla coils and
the like may be interested in them.

When I was in high school, I decided to build an infrared viewer.  After
finding some surplus components (the photomultiplier tube and an IR filter
for the illumination source, which was a Q-beam spotlight), I found that I
lacked the high-voltage parts that I was going to need to get the 20,000
volts that the tube required.

Calling blindly, I got the ear of a sympathetic engineer at Varo.  He said I
could come over to the plant, where he gave me some high voltage multipliers
and some documentation that went with them (they were extras that he had in
his desk).  He also gave me some good hints on how to use the multipliers
for my application.

I went on to win the High School, Regional, State and National competition
for my little viewer.  It was pretty crude, but this was about 20 years ago,
and I barely knew which end of a soldering iron to hang on to.

I've always liked Varo.

Regards,
Jeff