[DPRG] a problem!!

Subject: [DPRG] a problem!!
From: Kipton Moravec kip at kdream.com
Date: Tue Jun 19 06:48:30 CDT 2001

I am not sure what the purpose of the competition is.

Is the goal to have vehicles that can travel over sand?

Having the vehicles switch from one side to another means you have to build
the bot to hit the other bot.  Is that what you want?

Switching sides will also be a problem if you have a tethered power supply.
What happens when the opponent runs over the power cord and cuts it?

How big is the course? There are no dimensions.  What happens if the course
is 3 feet wide, and one bot has telescoping poles out to the side to keep
the opponent from passing?

It sounds like this is an ongoing competition, which started in 1997?
Experience from past competitions is usually the best judge of how the rules
should be changed.

I would probably get away from the tethered all together.  No robot should
have a tethered power supply. Then you don't have power cords to tangle up,
and get in the way of the opponent.