[DPRG] HELP with 68HC11 stack problem

Subject: [DPRG] HELP with 68HC11 stack problem
From: Alan Kilian kilian at mail.ahc.umn.edu
Date: Wed Jun 20 15:41:08 CDT 2001

> From: Clay Timmons <ctimmons at cadence.com>
> When I cange the code to LDS #0x4000 to initalize the stack pointer
> to external RAM  I have a problem.   On powerup nothing happens

  Clay,

    When I look at NMI's sample code, I see:

    LDS  #$DFFF

    Make sure that there is actual RAM at 0x4000

    And since the stack grows towards address 0, setting the
    stack to 0x4000 instead of 0x3FFF is a bit curious.

    Let us know what you learn,

                   -Alan

--
- Alan Kilian <kilian(at)med.umn.edu>
University of Minnesota        Computational Biology Centers