[DPRG] reading a Cds via Port E on a HC11 (software)

Subject: [DPRG] reading a Cds via Port E on a HC11 (software)
From: Mike McCarty jmccarty at ssd.usa.alcatel.com
Date: Mon Jun 25 11:02:12 CDT 2001

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, montgomery f. tidwell wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> ok, i'm a goober (very technical term)

Don't worry about it. We're all goobers here. In his book "The Dilbert
Principle", Scott Adams makes the point that we are all idiots. Will
Rogers said "Everyone's ignorant. Just about different things."

> it was hardware. i found a reference to a light sensor that Karl Lunt
> did for Nuts&Volts. even more amazing is that sometime in the recent
> (forgotten) past i had ordered that specific issue (June 1996) and
> had it sitting on the shelf.
>
> using that diagram, i modified my sensor and now it actually works
> quite well.

Actually, I began to suspect that you might not have a pull-down on your
input, just a resistor to +5, which won't work, of course.

Mike