[DPRG] Solar concentrator discussion at RPL

Subject: [DPRG] Solar concentrator discussion at RPL
From: Jeff Koenig jkoenig at airmail.net
Date: Fri Jun 29 19:09:24 CDT 2001

Drat, I missed RPL.

When I was in the 7th grade, a friend of mine built a 4' x 4' solar furnace
out
of plywood and fiberboard for a school project.

It had aluminum-foil covered gores, like you find on a classroom globe,
formed into a parabolic-ish dish.

It was a lot of fun.  It would catch wood on fire instantly, and burned a
piece of
bacon into carbon.

I like the ideas on the website Kip found - Now, who wants to build a "solar
sundial" that burns lines onto some recording media?  I think
www.claytonbailey.com
has one.

-Jeff