[DPRG] Robots in te news

Subject: [DPRG] Robots in te news
From: Ralph Tenny rten at metronet.com
Date: Fri Nov 2 10:04:17 CST 2001

In the "Texas & Southwest section of the Sunday, Oct. 28 edition of the
Dallas Morning News, there appeared a report on the Phoenix Bot Bash
event. I didn't see mention of when the 2001 event was held, but the
winning entry, named Ziggo, was described as an inverted, steel-reinforced
Chinese Wok, spinning at 3000 RPM. The Texas entry, named Turbot, defeated
itself during a final round when a screw came loose and jammed one of its
motors.

Actually, I prefer our style of robot - brains over brawn.
Ralph