[DPRG] A300 AIRBUS crash

Subject: [DPRG] A300 AIRBUS crash
From: Mike McCarty jmccarty at ssd.usa.alcatel.com
Date: Tue Nov 13 11:05:32 CST 2001

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Ralph Tenny wrote:

> Yes -- I agree. I hadn't heard about the tail section -- I presume this
> was yet another crash site? All I've seen on TV is recovery of a section
> of wing from the water.

The tail section was removed from water.

> And, the official story is that the black boxes reveal no (recorded)
> reason for the crash.
>
> Would either black box record separation of pieces of airframe?

Not directly. But they might record lack of avionics from which one
could draw conclusions. IOW, when the wing separated, the avionics
connections would be severed, and piecing together which avionics
connections were severed might let one conclude that the wing had
sheared off.

> The more I hear, the more I'm convinced of sabotage.
> Ralph

Breakup on hitting water is not unusual. But the tail section separated
before the engines.