[DPRG] A300 AIRBUS crash

Subject: [DPRG] A300 AIRBUS crash
From: Dan Miner miner at centtech.com
Date: Tue Nov 13 13:38:50 CST 2001

See:
  http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/11/13/ny.crash/index.html

The vertical tail landed closer to the airport.
For a map of where the major pieces landed, about half way
down the above listed page is a sidebar with a link
"Crash site map".

I have not seen anything that concludes this was the first
piece to break off.  One therory (mine!) is that the engine
came off first and because it was much more dense continued
in a ballistic path (like a baseball).  Then, when the vertical
stabilizer came off, it fluttered down like a leaf because
it has much lower density than the engine(s).

I repeat:  This is *my* theory (GUESS) - not anything that has
been reported by the experts...

				- Dan Miner

PS - This is my last (off topic) post about this to the list.