[DPRG] Small Device C Compiler

Subject: [DPRG] Small Device C Compiler
From: Ed Okerson eokerson at fw.telenic.net
Date: Sat Nov 24 11:11:45 CST 2001

The government contracts I was referring to are actually Broad Agency
Announcements (BAA).  There were a couple that had some things interesting
to robotics.

The first one can be found at
https://www.bids.tswg.gov/tswg/bids.nsf/DownloadBAAs/02-Q-4653/$FILE/02-Q-46
53.pdf it is titled: Next Generation Explosive Ordinance Disposal (EOD)
Remote Controlled Vehicle.  The interesting parts start on page 18, that is
where they start talking about mobility platforms.

The second is at
https://www.bids.tswg.gov/tswg/bids.nsf/DownloadBAAs/02-Q-4655/$FILE/ATL+BAA
+Package2.pdf and is titled: Combating Terrorism Technology Support Office
Technical Support Working Group (TSWG).  The interesting parts of this one
start on page 17.  The list of things they are looking for in this one range
>from detecting faces from video and tracking a person moving through a video
to through wall imaging and ways to detect Weapons of Mass Destruction
(WMD's) or if people have been exposed to WMD's while working on them.  All
kinds of cool stuff in this one.

If anyone is interested in working on any of these, I already have all the
appropriate government contracting registrations and certifications
completed as a veteran owned small business. :)

Ed Okerson