[DPRG] Servo Control

Subject: [DPRG] Servo Control
From: David Peterson robologist at yahoo.com
Date: Sun Nov 25 14:20:03 CST 2001

About the resistors in series with the center taps, it's related to how fast
you want to drive the steppers. An app note form Allegro at
http://www.allegromicro.com/techpub2/airpax/smh29.pdf about the 7th or 8th
page says something about making it 3 or 4 times the value of the resistance
of the stepper coil to increase power delivered and speed. For the diodes,
they help bypass reverse current like in an h-bridge, high speed switchers
1N4148 or similar. Both parts need to be able to take the expected watts in
the system.

David P