[DPRG] Re: Robotics Chat Room

Subject: [DPRG] Re: Robotics Chat Room
From: John Mitchell johnlmitchell at hotmail.com
Date: Wed Nov 28 15:02:28 CST 2001

>From: Dals68Kiwi at aol.com
>Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 19:38:18 EST
>
>I looked around and didn't see much in the way of places for live
>interaction
>in the robotics fields. So for the convenience I have created a chat-room
>for
>anyone that wants to discuss "real time" the pros and cons of stamps,
>h-bridges etc.

Cool!  However, I've used two other robotics chat rooms with some success:

- Seattle Robotics has one every Monday at 7pm PDT, cf
http://www.seattlerobotics.org/encoder/200009/mondayirc.html

- the Yahoo Robotics Club has another on Wednesdays from 8p-midnight EDT --
http://www.trcy.org/ and http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/theroboticsclub

as an aside, in trying to hookup a Dreamcast VMU unit, I've had to
experiment with surfacemount chips for the first time.  All Electronics had
a huge pile of "experimenters" old celphones, which yielded sixteen
surface-mount LEDs!  The LCD driver chip is perfect for practicing SMT
soldering.  The $1 cel was a fine investment.

- j