[DPRG] Audio

Subject: [DPRG] Audio
From: Ed Okerson eokerson at fw.telenic.net
Date: Tue Oct 2 11:38:14 CDT 2001

At Roborama several robots had sound effects, but because of the small size
of the speakers used (for obvious reasons) and the large size of the
audience and auditorium most sound effects are lost in the roar.  I would
like to suggest that it would be easier if all robots could transmit their
audio to a standard FM receiver, it could easily be piped through the PA
system so they can be clearly heard by all.  To facilitate this, I have a
small FM transmitter that runs on a two AAA batteries and is designed to
plug into a standard headphone jack. It is a small unit 3.5" x 1.5" x .5"
and weighs 50 grams.  Anyone interested?

Ed Okerson