[DPRG] Question about resolution of wheel encoders

Subject: [DPRG] Question about resolution of wheel encoders
From: Edwin Fetzer edfetzer at cisco.com
Date: Tue Oct 16 16:38:58 CDT 2001

What do most of you use for resolution of your wheel encoders?
Currently I am using a setup that only has 0.3" resolution.  I would
like to hear the opinions of others on this list as to the pitfalls of
having too little (or too much resolution) on the wheel encoders.

I may decide to go to a tighter resolution.  But I really don't want to,
as I finally have the code for a speed control of the motors working
(this was a long process because of EMI from my motors corrupting my
encoder feedback)!

Just curious,

Edwin