[DPRG] My Daughters Wheelchair (fwd)

Subject: [DPRG] My Daughters Wheelchair (fwd)
From: Kipton Moravec kip at kdream.com
Date: Sun Dec 1 18:26:01 CST 2002

I do not know of anything off-the-shelf.  However that is something most
everybody's autonomous robot does.

You just have to do it yourself or find a local college student or hobbyist
interested in taking on the project.   It will take a lot of hands on effort
to tune it, so I can't volunteer to do it from Texas.

There are IR and Ultrasound sensors that can detect range. I would recommend
one or the other.  The biggest hurdle is actually interfacing into the
wheelchair.  Once you find the right spot it should not be a problem after
that.  A simple microcontroller and some interface circuitry and you should
be set.

I am interested in helping if I can, but the distance is a problem.

Kip