[DPRG] My Daughters Wheelchair (fwd)

Subject: [DPRG] My Daughters Wheelchair (fwd)
From: R. Bickle rbickle at swbell.net
Date: Sun Dec 1 19:11:00 CST 2002

Our robots generally do this, but even getting them to avoid obstacles
is difficult, and usually limited to a set of known obstacles. The
project you propose would be time consuming.

I wonder though, if there isn't a simpler solution. If the object is to
prevent the chair from bumping  into walls while going through doorways,
a wire bumper could be attached at the front corners of the chair which
would turn in the opposite direction if activated. For example, if the
left bumber hits the wall while going through the doorway, the chair
would automatically turn right until the bumper was released. This would
at least prevent bumping walls.

Rick J. Bickle
Integrated Control Systems