[DPRG] System down

Subject: [DPRG] System down
From: Earl Bollinger earlwbollinger at attbi.com
Date: Mon Dec 2 20:48:01 CST 2002

I used to simply replace the old lithium battery with a four cell alkaline
pack.
Just cut off the wires from the lithium pack (so you can reuse the
connector) and splice them into the the new four cell pack.
The cost savings difference is spectacular. Plus all the old lithium packs
have passed their shelf life ratings now anyway.
Tanner's had a bunch of four cell packs made up just for this purpose too.

You can get a year or two out of the alkaline pack, then just put in fresh
batteries.