[DPRG] MINI RADIO_CONTROLLED CARS

Subject: [DPRG] MINI RADIO_CONTROLLED CARS
From: Bob Jordan rljordan at airmail.net
Date: Mon Dec 2 21:06:00 CST 2002

Mini car fans & mini robot builders,

This site is the best I've seen on describing how
to assemble an autonomous robot using the "mini cars".
http://www.irbot.com/USen/index.jsp
Thanks Earl!

You might what to do some research before you buy.
I found that there are several different type cars out  there.

The Digi Q IR is the brand that uses the IR and two motors, one per rear wheel.
Other have one moter, a solid real axle, and left-off-right steering on the front.

Best I can tell is that if it says ##Mhz, it is using RF remote control and is not
the  two motor type best for robots.
.-------------------------
EARL,

Do you have any feedback on this?
It looks like the link from the URL above takes you to the Kid Robot
CA store.

They sell the Micro-Tech RC Tank, Combat DigiQ, Bit Char-G R/C , and, DigiQ IR
type cars. I believe only the DigiQ IR cars are two rear wheel drive. The others
are hard real axles. Is that correct?
http://kidrobot.com/remotecars.html

Thanks
Bob Jordan