[DPRG] Fw: Cruise control on wet roads (fwd)

Subject: [DPRG] Fw: Cruise control on wet roads (fwd)
From: Ray Renteria ray at troux.com
Date: Wed Dec 4 10:42:01 CST 2002

If the retractable razor wheel was designed as a caster wheel, one that was
allowed to swing around (examples http://www.muvtons.com/products.html), it
would avoid side pressures altogether.  It seems that a balloon tire with
low inflation pressure might have too much surface area and itself might be
prone to hydroplaning.  The rigidness of a razor wheel would force it to cut
through the water.  The arm that holds it down could have variable tension
created by a spring or shock absorber.

--Ray