[DPRG] segway

Subject: [DPRG] segway
From: Charlie W Youngblood chaz128 at juno.com
Date: Wed Dec 4 16:48:00 CST 2002

My dad has one, I believe it's called the Rascal. It may even be
covered by medical insurance. :-)
	Charlie Youngblood
>From: "cbrenizer" <cbrenizer at socket.net>

<I meant to send this to the entire list, too>

I had wondered if a third wheel device costing 3 or 4 hundred dollars
would have happier customers than the multi-thousand dollar segway (I
know I'd be happier paying less and it probably wouldn't need much
electronics, since it wouldn't have to be self balancing)
Did your demo prove out that the two wheel mobility was far superior to
what can be gotten from 3 or 4 wheels.  Is it worth the extra thousands
of dollars?
I would assume we'll be seeing late night infomercials selling knock
offs that are 3 wheeled, unless there truly is a benefit to the segway
design that I'm missing.